Tuesday 11 December 2012

Brief 5 - Production

After experimenting with different layout designs and finally reaching a set idea on how I envision the publication to look, I began sourcing all the relevant material. Some of the pages featured different foils (particularly white) and each page was a different colour and included some form of interaction. The white foil came out surprisingly well (on the black cover stock) but not so well on the inside coloured pages. 





From the content I sourced, an interesting fact was that if you intend on eating more green vegetables, it is best to eat them from a green plate as a lower contrast between the food and what you're eating from tricks your mind into thinking you are eating less than what you actually are. I therefore wanted the format to showcase this and planned on using green foil on green stock but as you can see, it didn't turn out as good as I hoped. Instead I will simply use a green ink.






Once I had all the pages ready and set, I then began to perfect bind the publication. I stacked and bound all the content pages before adding the black outer cover and subsequently trimmed to ensure a flush edge. 






To package the publications, I envisioned creating an open box (much like the project featured here). I experimented with a thin grey stock but the weight was far too light — I preferably need a more weightier stock for the final resolution.



No comments:

Post a Comment