Friday 7 December 2012

Brief 4 - Website

I wanted to extend my discovery concept and the overarching brand identity to an online presence. I began with the general web design using a geometric aesthetic to reference the brand mark and iconography. I used flat graphics and the same colour scheme featured throughout all of the promotional materials.

This was my original idea, quickly mocked up for one of the crits, using the Ethnology discovery concept. It was boring and didn't convey the concept as effectively as I hoped.



Another idea I had was to replicate the proposed signage for the interior of the museum within the layout of the website. As the concept is based on discovery, I thought I could use the interactivity for the navigation to reinforce this. I used a towered aesthetic with a grey background to keep it consistent with the look of the brand signage (here)




I changed the header to a charcoal grey as the yellow seemed too prominent. The gif below shows the sliding concept in progress — I wanted the user to 'discover' the content by clicking the arrow to reveal.  I incorporated a search engine at the top of the design so users could also discover content manually, by searching whatever they wish and seeing whether it would be displayed in the museum



No comments:

Post a Comment